Text Size:
tabs Home Children and Young People Parents and Carers Working with Children



Employers usually ask for references from someone who knows you well. This could be an employer, teacher, tutor, youth worker, etc.

People who give references are called referees. You do not need to put their names on your CV, instead you can put 'Reference available on request'.

Always ask the person before you give their name as a referee.

On your CV the following text will appear automatically - References are available on request.

Back don't save

© Southampton Children and Young People's Trust 2011